Sunday, November 28, 2010

Let's get started.....

Well today is day one for my new blog.

I guess I'll start out by telling you all that I'm a 56 male year old care taker for my parents who are both in their late eighties. Most of us aren't trained for this part of life so I'll be sharing my thoughts, activities and concerns on elder care. Would love to get some advise and feedback along the way from those in similar positions.

For starters they are both in a senior living facility in Edison NJ. Dad suffers from serious memory loss and Mom has Parkinson's. As hard as it all can be they are still a joy to be with each week. This has been going on for over three years now and I'm amazed at how each holiday season how they have declined.

Hoping to use this space to aid and assist others who have just started this long and difficult process. Don't fret it can be filled with joy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment